Employer Links and Resources
Government of Alberta Employer GuidelinesLearn about rules and regulations on employment, including employment of Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs)
- Employment Standards help you establish the minimum standards of employment in the workplace.
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) helps you to promote health and safety on the job.
- Employer Compliance (TFWs) explains the rules and regulations related to hiring Temporary Foreign Workers.
- General information, forms, fact sheets and frequently asked questions for Alberta employers.
- An Employer's Guide to Employment Rules (PDF) provides an overview of the employment legislation you, your managers and your accounting staff need to know, including regulations related to: human rights, employments standards, information and privacy, and workplace health and safety.
Canada Employment Programs:Canada Summer Employment Program:
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities while helping both students and their communities.
Service Canada Employer Work-Share Program:
An adjustment program designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business that is beyond the control of the employers.